   Why is there no schema for RSS?

  • To: <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: Why is there no schema for RSS?
  • From: "Dare Obasanjo" <dareo@microsoft.com>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 17:00:57 -0700

In my daily blog stroll a few days ago I came across a post by Mark
Pilgrim at

http://diveintomark.org/archives/2002/08/20.html#how_liberal_is_too_libe
ral

which implies that there are lots of broken RSS feeds on the web today.
Considering that the describing a structure for XML and ensuring that
documents conform to that structure is generally a solved problem I find
it perplexing that no schema for RSS (besides an RDF schema) exists.

Anyone care to enlighten me?

--
PITHY WORDS OF WISDOM
Old cars never die, they just smell that way.

rights.