   FW: Re: [xml-dev] Don't Let Architecture Astronauts Scare You

Forwarded for Ari...

Jonathan Robie <jonathan.robie@datadirect-technologies.com> writes:

 > At 01:23 AM 9/15/2002 +0100, Alaric Snell wrote:
 >
 > >http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/fog0000000018.html
 > >
 > >"Remember that the architecture people are solving problems that they think
 > >they can solve, not problems which are useful to solve.
 >
 > Joel is right when he warns of the dangers of overgeneralization in
 > architecture, but this article is full of overgeneralizations in
 > prose, including the above sentence.

"Another common thing Architecture Astronauts like to do is invent
some new architecture and claim it solves something. Java, XML, Soap,
XmlRpc, Hailstorm, .NET, Jini, oh lord I can't keep up. And that's
just in the last 12 months!"

The article was published April 21, 2001. At least one of us has got
his calendar wrong.

Ari.

P.S. Feel free to post this back to the list. I can't.