   RE: [xml-dev] How can I add xml values to ASP String using DOM

darren.mcbride@ipsi.ie [mailto:darren.mcbride@ipsi.ie] wrote:

> I am using the XML DOM to read the contents of an XML page. I want to
> assign the contents of the XML to a string and add this string to a
> session variable in ASP..
> - i am familiar with creating the DOM object but after that I cannot
> retrieve the individual XML values on the ASP page..
>
> Any suggestions on how I can do this???

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do. If you're receiving
an XML document in the request stream that needs to be processed, and
then saved in a user session, you can do something like this (excluding
error handling, of course):

<%
Set doc = Server.CreateObject("MSXML2.DOMDocument.4.0")
doc.async = false
doc.load(Request)
' do processing here
Session("userDoc") = doc
%>

You need to use the free-threaded version of the DOMDocument class if
you plan to store it at application (global) scope.

--
Aaron Skonnard <http://skonnard.com>, DevelopMentor <http://develop.com>
   Essential XML Quick Reference available online in PDF format...