   Re: [xml-dev] ANN: Converting Lexacy Data to XML using a Lexer/ParserGen

Roger L. Costello wrote:

> I am not clear in my mind where a "Lexer/Parser Generator as a
> Multipurpose XML tool Builder" fits into the XML world, but I am
> convinced that it is important and fits somewhere.  Thoughts?

I agree that it's important and useful for legacy conversion, but I'd be
inclined to use something like OmniMark, where the issues of making the
lexer and the parser work together have been put under the hood.
Explicitly setting states is a good example of what you should not need
to do if the two were as well integrated as one would like.

--
Regards,

Marcus Carr                      email:  mcarr@allette.com.au
        - Einstein