   Re: [xml-dev] More namespaces fun!

Tim Bray writes:
>Paul, you're about the fifth smart person to fall into this trip which
>means it's a nasty one and RDDLers have to be careful.  There's no such
>thing as a RDDL for a document.  There's a RDDL for a *namespace*.

Hmm... at this point I'm not convinced that *namespaces* per se exist.
RDDL seems to me to describe usage rules for identifiers with a
particular namespace label...

but then I don't really believe in resources per se either[1].  Nor the
Easter Bunny, nor Santa Claus.  (Love the candy and presents, though!)

As much as I hate to think about namespace issues, I'm not sure that
describing namespaces as things (reifying them, in one sense of the
word) makes much sense.

[1] - http://monasticxml.org/uris.html

--
Simon St.Laurent