   Re: [xml-dev] Future of XSL-FO at W3C??

On Friday 18 October 2002 2:27 pm, m batsis wrote:
> A class attribute can be multi-valued so with a good CSS design you must
> be able to get away with it by editing CSS files only.
>
> In any case, I'm sure having the choice of using CSS would be
> appreciated by developers.

A good plan. Only one thing. Where's the 'class' attribute in XSL-FO? The
XSL-FO namespace permits attributes that are used as formatting object
properties, but 'class' isn't one of 'em. The granularity would have to be
enwidened, such that you 'scope' a series of notionally grouped properties
that form your artificial 'class' notion or requirement. By which time,
editing the stylesheet like one is supposed to do begins to look jolly
sensible.

--
Ian Tindale