   Re: [xml-dev] Future of XSL-FO at W3C??

David Carlisle wrote:

> but the main point of svg is to specify lines and curves and stuff. It
> makes sense to css style them. Similarly xhtml specifies headings and
> lists and other structural things, it makes sense to css style that.

I don't think your argument holds here. Just because the SVG
vocabulary is more elaborated in terms of how many
specific elements it contains doesn't make it more fit for CSS than XSL-FO.
That would imply that most CSS in SVG would look like

circle { color: pink; }

Surely most uses of CSS in SVG will include classes to some
extent. Just as classes would be used in XSL-FO to
differentiate among all the fo:blocks. SVG have circles, lines,
pahts etc. XSL-FO have blocks, table headings, table cells, page heads and
feet etc. I still can't see there's any conceptual difference here.

Cheers,
David