   Re: [xml-dev] Future of XSL-FO at W3C??

> Could someone remind me, where exactly in the XSL-FO namespace is this 'class'
> attribute (which if an attribute would be taken to be a XSL-FO property,
> surely?).

well "class" is being used as shorthand for "any attribute not in the FO
namespace" together with css3 selectors to hook on to that attribute.

section 2.2 makes it explict that an FO document can have any attributes
from other namespaces.

Or of course it could be shorthand for "use class and rely on the fact
that the FO renderer will not validate its input against the fo dtd
which does not officially exist) but I wouldn't suggest anyone would go
against the spec:-)

David