   Re: [xml-dev] WS-I Basic Profile

jenglish@flightlab.com (Joe English) writes:
>  [ ... a fairly standard NO WARRANTY disclaimer... ]

I don't know about standard - I'm still trying to figure out what "QUIET
ENJOYMENT", a term normally used as the foundation of lease agreements,
has to do with specifications.

As for the Feedback bits, I don't think I've ever seen such claims
stated so explicitly.  While lots of people at the W3C are well-aware
that I question their legitimacy, they do appear to invite feedback even
from those who have little use for their claims of ownership.

There's a cultural gap here that's much larger than legalese, and one I
hope doesn't spread too deeply into other corners of XML.

On the bright side, seeing such claims made explicit does make clear the
risks of using and participating in the specifications to which they
apply.

Simon St.Laurent - SSL is my TLA
http://simonstl.com may be my URI
http://monasticxml.org may be my ascetic URI
urn:oid:1.3.6.1.4.1.6320 is another possibility altogether