   Re: [xml-dev] WS-I Basic Profile

Joe English wrote:

> Nah, that second part isn't daunting; it's just the longstanding
> community standard SPELLED OUT IN CAPITAL LETTERS and with LOTS
> OF LEGALESE.
>
> If you send someone e-mail, then they own it and can do whatever
> they wish with it.  That's been the accepted practice on
> the Internet for as long as I can remember.
>
> The scary scary disclaimer is probably a CYA device to protect
> against people who *aren't* familiar with how the Net works
> and who might be inclined to send Feedback and later sue for
> intellectual property theft.

What Joe English said. I didn't see any implication of transfer of
ownership to WS-I. They say they can do what they like with
feedback. Unless stated otherwise, you can do what you likes with
your feedback as well. Seems equitable, and no more scary than a
viral open source licence or the way Linus Torvalds handles kernel
patches.

And anyway, is anyone going to use their stuff?

Bill de hÓra
--
Propylon
www.propylon.com