   Re: [xml-dev] The privilege of XML parsing - Data types, binary XML and

Hi Uche,

> > So how would one "bury a data model" in it even if one wanted to?
>
> You do so by adding in an XSD schema location pointer.  Then, suddenly, when I
> run it unsuspectingly through my XPath2 engine, drags in all sorts of unwanted
> magic into my processing.

What sorts of unwanted magic is draggged in?  Going back to my aircraft example:

<aircraft>
    <elevation>12000</elevation>
</aircraft>

Wouldn't it be useful to be able to find that the elevation element contains an
integer that is restricted to the range 0-20000?  Further, if the data model
provided "aliases" then I might even be able to find that "aircraft" and "plane"
are synonymous.  Isn't this useful information?

I have always thought that the more information that I have, the better decisions I
can make in processing the data.  A data model (whether the data model is an XML
Schema, or an RDF Schema) provides me with additional data that would be useful in
processing the data, yes?  /Roger