   Re: [xml-dev] IBM's idea off an XML expert

On Fri, 03 Jan 2003 15:53:04 -0500, Chiusano Joseph
<chiusano_joseph@bah.com> wrote:

> the "essence" of XML
> is not that hard to grasp in technical terms to those who have a solid
> technology basis.

Good point.  In my long-ago life as a social science grad student, I
learned about the importance of "validating" surveys and other assessment
instruments to make sure that they measure what they are asserted to
measure.  It would be interesting to see ...

a) how well the typical denizen of xml-dev would do on the test without
cramming ...
b) how well a well-trained / experienced software developer would do after
reading one good book on XML ...
c) how well an untrained but web-literate person (e.g., someone who can
fool around with HTML) would do after reading a good book on XML.