   Re: [xml-dev] Re: The patron saints of XML WAS: Are There URIs in Heaven

> [Mike Fitzgerald]
>  >Saint Sean McGrath, patron saint of Saturday morning musings
>
> I'm deeply honoured. And on this Saturday morning, I would like to take the
> opportunity
> to point out that St. Patrick was, last year, proposed as the patron saint
> of all software developers.

St. Patrick is the patron Saint of Engineers (and of Ireland).  Engineers are
very jealous of this symbol regardless of ethnic background.  Very little of
the software profession has proven itself worthy of patronage by St. Patrick.
Therefore I suggest software developers back off (all of us, since I'm more SD
than Engr these days) before the next AE who designes our dot-com palaces
makes an, ah, innocent mistake in the load computation for the foundational
struts.

I'm lucky that I haven't ever needed to test St. Patrick's willingness to
intercede on behalf of software engineers, because I'm quite doubtful he would
oblige.  But just in case, I'm comforted in that half my training was in
proper electrical engineering (and boy was I glad for the switch to the
relative ease of Software Engineering curriculum).

> http://www.propylon.com/news/ctoarticles/St_Patrick_20020321.html

Wow.  Have you, by any chance, been struck by lightning this last year?  ;-)

The open office file format  - http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-think15/
Python Generators + DOM - http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2003/01/08/py-xml.html
4Suite Repository Features - https://www6.software.ibm.com/reg/devworks/dw-x4suite5-i/
XML class warfare - http://www.adtmag.com/article.asp?id=6965