   Re: [xml-dev] SML (was Elliotte Rusty Harold on Web Services)

uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com (Uche Ogbuji) writes:
>> The only difference is now some of those people have decided to
>>influence the directin and future of XML & it's attendant
>>technologies instead of just using it for what they want and ignoring
>> the dream of "SGML on the Web".
>
>If these folks would only admit that the direction they are going is
>distinct from XML, there would be no problem.  What you describe is
>basically a fork, with the unfortunate error of appropriating the
>lineaments of the original branch.

Uche summed it up perfectly.  I keep asking myself "How can we break
these bastards?" but their hold seems pretty secure at the moment.

Unfortunate is right - I suspect for them as well as us.

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!