   RE: [xml-dev] Usefulness of well-formedness was RE: [xml-dev] SML (was E

Dare,

My use of tag structure was only meant to be illustrative of
why talk of "deprecating" well-formedness was of concern to me, not as
a slur against Rick.

Rick uses the term "well-formed" as one of his suggested kinds of
documents, a kind he then suggests should be deprecated. I took
this to mean well-formed per XML 1.0, which includes
the constraints on tag structure. Thus if you want to deprecate
"well-formed", to my mind, that must have some implications for
other constraints like tag structure as well.

Having read the entire thread, Rick is using the term in more than
one sense, as Elliott later points out
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2003Jan/0197.html

In trying to understand Simon's message, I confess to only reading the
email quoted not the entire thread, before posting my original question.
For me, the email was not self explanatory, but I'll try to be more diligent
before posting in the future.

Regards
Michael