   Re: [xml-dev] XML Editors supporting change tracking (redliningetc.)

Sean,

Some XML editors provide a 'track changes' facility but I do not know
of any that will compare two XML documents intelligently. But, if you
need to use more than one type of editor, or combine automatic
processing of your XML with hand-editing, you need to be able to
compare XML.

DeltaXML [1] will compare two XML files for you and generate an XML
delta file, showing either just the change or the changes and the
unchanged data all in one file. There are a few others out there
also, see [2]. DeltaXML is being used for redlining/blacklining XML
documents [3], and there is an example of red/blacklining using XHTML
[4].

Regards,
Robin La Fontaine

[1] http://www.deltaxml.com