   RE: [xml-dev] SML: Second Try

> But is the result an alternative view of XML syntax, or an alternative
> syntax of the XML Infoset?

To me its one and the same.  To have an usable alternate view, it needs a
consistent and natural syntactic rules that users can easily deduce at a
glance without even a paragraph of explanation; a difficult HCI goal, but
certainly worth pursuing.

> > What I DON'T WANT to see is this syntax being used to
> > exchange or store
> > data.
>
> Can you enforce that constraint? <g>

Heh.  All I can do is ignore.  I find that, as I get older, selection of
books, movies, and music attractive to me becomes smaller and smaller
because genres, plots, actors, and singers I dislike keeps growing.  Oh,
well.

I never liked it when W3C cronies tried to talk me out of working on
Minimal-XML and Common-XML, so I am not about to do the same.  My motto is
let birds do what they must: fly.  Meanwhile, I'll stand here pretending to
be a tree and waiting for the birds to return eventually.  Gosh, I am poetic
today. <g>

Best,

Don Park
Docuverse