   Re: [xml-dev] KAVI

Thanks - without seeing the note you refer to I would not be equipped to
comment further.

"Bullard, Claude L (Len)" wrote:

> A note from a chair of a list I participate on.
> One side effect is to limit the participation of
> non-OASIS members regardless of their depth of
> participation or contribution.  That can be a
> serious handicap to the niche efforts.  It
> would be sad to see the innovations that are
> born of research and experimentation have to
> move to Yahoo.
>
> I understand the difficulties of constraining
> open lists.  I also understand the advantages.
> Far too often what has initially looked like
> yet another lunatic-fringe element has proven
> to be a seminal and important source of ideas
> even where they are in conflict with the immediate
> goals of the corporate membership.
>
> len
>
> From: Chiusano Joseph [mailto:chiusano_joseph@bah.com]
>
> <Snip>
> It seems there is
> some push to restrict discussion on the comments
> lists and to move serious discussion to the
> restricted discussion lists.
> </Snip>
>
> Can you please elaborate more as to why you feel this way?
begin:vcard
n:Chiusano;Joseph
tel;work:(703) 902-6923
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.bah.com
adr:;;8283 Greensboro Drive;McLean;VA;22012;
version:2.1
email;internet:chiusano_joseph@bah.com
title:Senior Consultant
fn:Joseph M. Chiusano