   Re: [xml-dev] Different kind of Editor

[Bawcom, Aaron]

> Yes the result is similar in that the technicaues do produce an XML
> document. My query was regarding exactly "how" that process is achaieved.
> This is the special sauce that sets them apart. I use both XML Spy and
> Stylus Studio and I don't see the featureset I am looking for in either
> product. Yes you can validate against a Schema but I don't see where you
can
> dynamically presenting the options that are available at a particular
node.

Sure it (Spy) does.  That is what the "Entry Helpers" pane is for.  If it is
not open (it normally is by default) you can open if from the "Window" menu.
You can start a new xml file, asdsign a schema or dtd to it, and Spy will
present allowable elements, etc., in the Entry Helpers pane.

Also, others have mentioned other products, although it is true that more of
them work with DTDs only than with XML Schemas.

Cheers,

Tom P