   Re: [xml-dev] Microsoft XMLReader

At 3:14 PM +0100 2/10/03, Marcin Ros?onīski wrote:
?
Hi everyone!!!

Have you heard of Micosoft's XMLReader API for reading XML? I think
it is quite intersting and in some cases much easier to use for
application programmers.

Microsoft claims that it is possible to implement a SAX API on top of
XMLReader API... but the reverse is NOT POSSIBLE.

Well... I know it is possible. I have implemented XMLReader on top of SAX.

I was wondering if there is anything like XMLReader in a non-MS world???
I am thinking about releasing my solution, but I am worried if
someone else has already done it before.

www.xmlpull.org and google on NekoPull. However, neither of these is
a direct port of XmlReader. I think the pull space is still open, and
I'd be interested in seeing your work regardless of what else is out
there.

|           Processing XML with Java (Addison-Wesley, 2002)          |
|              http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/xmljava             |
| http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN%3D0201771861/cafeaulaitA  |