   RE: [xml-dev] web services stack

I looked up two definitions of data model;  both can be paraphrased as:

"The documented design of a database [ed: data store] that identifies and
organizes data logically and physically."

On the meta level, XML is not limited in the types of designs or data stores
it can describe.

On the document level, there's no mandate (DOM and Infoset not withstanding)
that the information in an XML document be stored in a preordained data
structures or, for that matter, in any nontransient data structures (re:
SAX).

Zo, schtop mit da XML ist ein data model already!