   Re: [xml-dev] New tool for handling XML in Java

Tim Bray wrote:

> Samir Kothari wrote:
>

>> For the first time, developers can gain a familiar and convenient Java
>> object-based view of their XML data without losing access to the
>> richness of
>> the original, native XML structure.
>

> What crap. -Tim

Marketing hype aside, it looks like an interesting approach - basically
a data binding wrapper for a DOM-style model, from what I can see in the
public parts. This is similar to the approach taken by JBind
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/jbind/). Hopefully XMLBeans uses a more
performant implementation than JBind.

Is your comment with respect to the technology or just the wording of
the announcement?

  - Dennis