From: "Dare Obasanjo" <dareo@microsoft.com>
To: "Charles White" <chuck@tumeric.net>; "Mike Champion" <mc@xegesis.org>;
"XML Dev" <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
Sent: Sunday, February 16, 2003 8:03 PM
Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Anyone wanna speculate about what this means?

*sigh*

I am well aware of the answer to the question. If you had read my post
carefully you'd have realized that I was talking about the characteristics
of XSLT that make it unapproachable to the average XML developer. The
invariability of XSLT variables is probably the most frequently occuring
problem our users face with the language.

Whether XSLT 2.0 has similar features to XQuery is not really of note. After
all, Turing complete programming languages are all equivalent which doesn't
mean there aren't reasons why Java and C are more popular than SmallTalk and
Lisp.