   Re: [xml-dev] Anyone wanna speculate about what this means?

On Sun, 16 Feb 2003 23:40:53 -0500, Jonathan Robie
<jonathan.robie@datadirect-technologies.com> wrote:

> XQuery is all about locating things in XML with path expressions,
> constructing arbitrary XML with a syntax that looks just like XML, and
> transforming XML to XML using FLWOR and other expressions. The things
> that matter in XML matter in XQuery.

Shiver!  Dare, Jonathan, and I agree on something having to do with
XQuery.... a sign of the End Times :-)

I guess I was just missing Adam Bosworth's point because "[DOM/JDOM,
SAX/databinding, and XSLT] are only rarely suitable ..." is a bit of an
overstatement. If the point is "less than optimally suitable for non-XML
geeks" I would have agreed.