   Re: [xml-dev] RelaxNG problem about section 7.4. Restrictions on interle

On Tue, Feb 18, 2003 at 01:56:03AM +0700, James Clark wrote:
> That's correct, because it's equivalent (per 4.12) to
>
> <element xmlns="http://relaxng.org/ns/structure/1.0"; name="foo">
>   <mixed>
>     <group>
>       <element name="bar">
>         <empty/>
>       </element>
>       <element name="bar">
>         <empty/>
>       </element>
>       <element name="bar">
>         <empty/>
>       </element>
>     </group>
>   </mixed>
> </element>

  Okay, thanks I missed the fact that auto-grouping applied to <mixed>,
that was easy to fix :-)

  While I have your focus, I feel a bit annoyed by letting the validator
accept values broken by PIs or comments in the serialization pass through
the WXS datatype checker.
  Do people really expect
     "12<!-- comment -->e-12"
to validate as an xs:float in practice ? I have mixed feeling about
letting this go through unnoticed.
In theory the RelaxNG data model simply wipes out the comments and PIs ...
Well more precisely there is nothing said about them in the data model
section 2 so I assume ignoring them is the expected behaviour.

    thanks,

Daniel