   Re: [xml-dev] RelaxNG problem about section 7.4. Restrictions on interle

Daniel Veillard wrote:

>   While I have your focus, I feel a bit annoyed by letting the validator
> accept values broken by PIs or comments in the serialization pass through
> the WXS datatype checker.
>   Do people really expect
>      "12<!-- comment -->e-12"
> to validate as an xs:float in practice ?

It looks weird but I think that this should validate. For example some
WYSIWYG editors save last cursor position in XML file by putting PI
there. People doesn't expect that placing cursor in a middle of number
will invalidate document.

It is also quite analogic to robust processing of elements with #PCDATA
content in standard DOM. You shouldn't read just first child of element,
but concatenate all childs which are text nodes and ignore any
interleaving comment or PI nodes.

					Jirka

  Jirka Kosek
  e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz