   What is the value of XForms? (Was: Remembering the original XML vision)

In a message dated 18/02/2003 12:20:27 GMT Standard Time, ricko@allette.com.au writes:

> Rick,
>
> Isn't XForms supposed to fulfil at least one aspect of data capture?

Sure, but what kind of forms interfaces does it give us that we didn't have
before with the non-XML technologies?   And forms interfaces seems
most geared to the interactive and catalog-market niches.

Cheers
Rick Jelliffe

Rick,

I guess the question of what is the value of XForms is one for Micah to answer. I think he is pretty much chief XForms salesman on the list.

Micah - how would you sell XForms in this context?

Andrew Watt