   Re: [xml-dev] Google as Big Brother

> Fourth, Google's way of addressing resources is by their URIs. That
> means that once I get an introduction through Google, I can introduce a
> third party without going through Google again. UDDI uses UUIDs and
> those UUIDs are specific to some particular registry.

What would be neat is if Google, upon encountering XML documents, then got
link information from them (using as many ways of putting links into XML as
they feel like implementing - or just using a regexp to look up any attribute
content that looks like a URL) to continue the spider, while also indexing
the XML such that one can put XPath queries into Google.

Eg, if we wanted to find defining the term "babble" we could hunt down some
DocBook with:

//glossentry/acronym = 'babble'

Wasn't this what XML replacing HTML was supposed to be for? Nobody seems to
have tried implementing it yet. With a piece of infrastructure like that in
place, I think we'd be a long way towards a semantic web.

ABS

--
A city is like a large, complex, rabbit
 - ARP