   Re: [xml-dev] SAX Locator vs {start,end}Entity

> >> Xerces seems to disagree: it returns the entity whose start or end is
> >> being reported.  So I guess one can't rely on it.
>
> >I think that is what Gregory meant.
>
> He said "the entity in which the reference was encountered", which I
> took to mean the entity containing "&ent;", rather than the entity ent
> refers to.

Maybe I did not understand your question correctly.
Did you want to know if the Locator used within the
StartEntity event would refer to the new entity just encountered
vs the entity that contained the new entity?

In that case my interpretation is it should be the
containing entity, since the getSystemId documentation says this:

<quote>
The return value is the system identifier of the document entity or of
the external parsed entity in which the markup triggering the event appears.
</quote>

However, in subsequent events the Locator should refer to the new entity.

As far as endEntity is concerned - where does the markup triggering the event
occur? Is it the end as encountered while parsing the new entity? Or is it the
semicolon in the reference? I am inclined to say it is the end of the new entity.

Karl