   Re: [xml-dev] SAX Locator vs {start,end}Entity

> <quote>
> The return value is the system identifier of the document entity or of
> the external parsed entity in which the markup triggering the event appears.
> </quote>
>
> However, in subsequent events the Locator should refer to the new entity.
>
> As far as endEntity is concerned - where does the markup triggering the event
> occur? Is it the end as encountered while parsing the new entity? Or is it the
> semicolon in the reference? I am inclined to say it is the end of the new entity.

However, I just realized that this is not how I implemented it.
AFAIR, I did that for reasons of symmetry.
One could also say that the occurrence of the entity reference
triggers both, the start and the end of the entity.

In that case you might have problems finding consistent implementations.

Karl