   Re: [xml-dev] The J2ME pseudo-XML botch

Don Bate wrote:
> Just for my edification - I thought the term XML was specifically
> claimed by W3C as a generic term and therefore was _NOT_ specifically
> defined or controlled by the W3C. Am I missing something or
> misunderstanding the implications of "generic term"?

Er, not sure, to be honest.  But the most effective thing the W3C could
do in this kind of situation would be advocacy/evangelism anyhow.  It
would be very painful for Sun, I assume, to appear to be publicly
opposed to the community in this matter.

And I repeat: I do *not* speak for the W3C in any way. -Tim