   Re: [xml-dev] The waterfall model lives? (was Re: [xml-dev] The subsetti

On Sat, Feb 22, 2003 at 09:57:51AM -0500, Mike Champion wrote:
> In this case, "XML" (I agree with the critique that whatever this J2ME
> subset thingie is, it's not XML 1.x and Sun should make that crystal clear)

  I think that's the key point. There is no shame in building code
optimized for a specific purpose. The problem is that it is published
as the API for the general case, especially since it is clear that this
will lead to confusion and serious incompatibilities.
  If they call this SOAPparser, and still provide or allow to plug
a real XML parser it them become only a technical choice (i.e. the
balance between code duplication and the achieved speed/resource
constraints).

Daniel