len

From: Gavin Thomas Nicol [mailto:gtn@rbii.com]

On Monday 24 February 2003 03:57 pm, Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:
> Question:  how many of you participating in this
> thread have read Tim Bray's XML-SW paper at
> textuality.com?
>
> http://www.textuality.com/xml/xmlSW.html

I'd remove namespaces, the infoset, xml:space, xml:lang and xml:base.

In the case of namespaces, xml:space, xml:lang, and xml:base: these are markup
constructs that needn't be standardized in the *syntax* specification, but
should instead be defined at a higher level.

The infoset is similar: the information gleaned from an XML document is
necessarily application-specific, and as such, there is no need to make a
single abstract set of information canonical.