   Re: [xml-dev] Call for information about XML-Fragments

From: "Daniel Veillard" <veillard@redhat.com>

>   Well, that spec, was simple, in time, but nobody implemented it at the
> time. Maybe there is renewed interest now, but that's why things stopped
> suddenly then.

Actually, I made an implementation of an XML-Fragment server based
on DOM and a student (now working here) made a streaming
implementatation with an XPath subset.

The only vagely tricky parts were

1) making some kind of calling conventions which includes namespaces
(which XPointer now can free us from)

2) the need to specify how to bubble down/up namespace declarations

Cheers
Rick Jelliffe