   RE: [xml-dev] collisions (was The subsetting has begun)

"url" in this case feels like a type to me.  I've also seen markup like:

<int_temp scale="F">9</int_temp>

and

<text_name>Simon</text_name>

Perversely Oriented Namespace Datatyping (POND) is an unwritten proposal
for doing the same with URI-identified types.

<pond xmlns:int="http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#integer";
      xmlns:text="http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#string";
      xmlns:uri="http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#anyURI";>
   <int:temp scale="F">9</int:temp>
   <text:name>Simon</text:name>
   <url:homepage><!--whitespace -
      is meaningless padding allowed in anyURI?
   -->http://freshmeat.net/redir/dom4j/16508/url_homepage/<!--
--></url:homepage>
</pond>

Just for fun, of course.

dareo@microsoft.com (Dare Obasanjo) writes:
>Joshua pointed out to me that some would prefer that the type of the
URL

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!