   Re: [xml-dev] Use cases for parsing efficiency (was Re: [xml-dev]Parsing

Alaric B. Snell wrote:

> *waving arms in air and trying to get noticed*

LOL. I know that feeling, like the woman on the Fast Show...

> A 50% reduction in the size of exchanged messages will, in a bandwidth
> limited situation such as the Internet, double the number of concurrent
> connections you can be handling, and double the number of messages you can
> move in a given time period!

Sure, but then we'd need Miles Sabin to write the server to so it
wouldn't just drop the connections the floor because it thinks its
been slashdotted (Miles can write a nifty server). Methinks if
anything going to break under high webservices traffic it'll be the
servers.

> Binary data encodings that compare with XML seem to quote being able to
> reduce the size of the data to 20%-50% of the original size. Happy? :-)

Throughput seems like a different issue to parsing/marshalling, but
got any pointers?