   Re: [xml-dev] Use cases for parsing efficiency (was Re: [xml-dev] Parsin

Bill de hÓra wrote,
> Sure, but then we'd need Miles Sabin to write the server to so it
> wouldn't just drop the connections the floor because it thinks its
> been slashdotted (Miles can write a nifty server). Methinks if
> anything going to break under high webservices traffic it'll be the
> servers.

Flattery will get you nowhere ;-)

Especially as you seem to have conceeded Alaric's point. I'm sure you
remember that our big problem benchmarking our super-spiffy high-
performance XML-munging network intermediary was the fact that we
didn't have enough link capacity and weren't in a position to switch
our infrastructure over to gigabit ethernet. A significant reduction in
message size _without_ the overhead of decompression and recompression
would have been a big win.

<plug>Incidentally if anyone in the UK or nearby _does_ need someone to
design/build/advise on anything like the above, please mail me offlist
... I'm available</plug>

Cheers,

Miles