   XML for the Restaurant Industry

I am new to this list and I joined to ask this question
which I hope is appropriate for the XML-DEV list.

I am beginning to develop a restaurant menu web page.
I was originally going to use my own flat file database
but when I borrowed a sample menu I concluded that
a real life menu is too complex to handle efficiently
with a flat file.(too many special cases)

XML has become my logical choice.
Since I don't wish to reinvent the wheel,
I am asking the following question:

Does anyone know of any non-proprietary XML
DTDs or Schemas for the Restaurant Industry?
Or will I be a pioneer in this field?

Samuel Dorfman
Web Programming & Design