   Re: [xml-dev] XML for the Restaurant Industry

Samuel,

XML.org maintains an "XML in Vertical Industries list [1] that you might
find helpful.  Under "Food Services" (the only pertinent choice - no
"Restaurant" choice) there are RecipeML* [2] and a few more.  Not much,
but perhaps something to start with.

Buon Appetito!

Joe Chiusano
Booz | Allen | Hamilton

*Formerly known as "Document Encoding and Structuring Specification for
Electronic Recipe Transfer (DESSERT)" - YUMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!

[1] http://www.xml.org/xml/industry_industrysectors.jsp
[2] http://www.formatdata.com/recipeml/index.html

> Samuel Dorfman wrote:
>
> I am new to this list and I joined to ask this question
> which I hope is appropriate for the XML-DEV list.
>
> I am beginning to develop a restaurant menu web page.
> I was originally going to use my own flat file database
> but when I borrowed a sample menu I concluded that
> a real life menu is too complex to handle efficiently
> with a flat file.(too many special cases)
>
> XML has become my logical choice.
> Since I don't wish to reinvent the wheel,
> I am asking the following question:
>
> Does anyone know of any non-proprietary XML
> DTDs or Schemas for the Restaurant Industry?
> Or will I be a pioneer in this field?
>
> Samuel Dorfman
> Web Programming & Design
> www.philly-direct.com

begin:vcard
n:Chiusano;Joseph
tel;work:(703) 902-6923
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.bah.com
adr:;;8283 Greensboro Drive;McLean;VA;22012;
version:2.1
email;internet:chiusano_joseph@bah.com
title:Senior Consultant
fn:Joseph M. Chiusano