   Markup: The Early Years

This "20 Years of Abstract Markup - Any Progress?"

http://www.reid.org/~brian/markup98.ppt

from Brian Reid (Scribe's inventor) is a wonderful
read for those who may need to be reminded that
markup has a long history and that many of the
observations that bubble up in our permathreads and
in the brochures-as-news that make up so much of
our online industry literature are not that new.

len

"Those who do not remember history are doomed to
reload it from mass storage and write a new
interpreter for it."

- Wyle E. Coyote . Certified Evil Genius