   RE: [xml-dev] Registered Namespace prefixes

???

I'll have to dissect this one piece by piece:

> From: John Cowan [mailto:jcowan@reutershealth.com]
> Jeff Lowery scripsit:
>
> > Notice that I said that a URI is optional for a registered prefix!
>
> In fact such a registry will wish to list the registered
> prefixes

That's a feature that is neither absolutely necessary, and even if desirable
it would have no impact on document processing.

>  in a Web
> accessible registry of some sort,

That's an assumption.  Again, it's not necessary for document processing.

> and so the new proposal
> amounts to the
> old one reborn: for every prefix (in context) there is a URI.

So one-to-one is the same as many-to-one?   I don't see a need for a
separate registry for each entry.