   Clumping of W3C Specifications

Since some recent discussion have been touching on W3C process, can someone
please explain to me what change has brought about the very overt "clumping"
of W3C specifications in the last few months.

It's like the fabled London bus ... you don't see one for half an hour then
three come together ... but of course when it's W3C specs we are talking
about it is much worse.

In recent days we have had SVG 1.2, 10 documents from XSLT / XPath / XQuery,
an XHTML 2.0 and 4 SOAPs. Oops I better mention WCAG too, or DaveP will
remind me. :)

I have a feeling that an XForms ... and a few WSDLs? ... may just be round
the corner. Oh, and quite possibly an XML Events, some CSSs and some DOMs.

Is TBL setting aside a "push specs out the door week" on a 4 monthly cycle?
Or what? If the specs were more evenly spread it would be easier to attempt
to keep up.

Andrew Watt