   RE: [xml-dev] YAML Ain't Markup Language

> Does anyone have any concrete differences between such uses
> of XML that require such divisive terms as "doc vs data people".

I like to think that there is actually a continuum rather than two
clear-cut points, and one of the strengths of XML is that it supports
the whole continuum.

But one of the strongest differences I have seen is in the extent to
which the markup is seen as fundamentally affecting the meaning of the
data. To document people, the text is fundamental, and markup is
represent fundamentally different information.

Michael Kay