   RE: [xml-dev] YAML Ain't Markup Language

I often here folks on XML-DEV talk about the distinction between data-centric vs. document-centric uses of XML yet I've always failed to see how these uses of XML are at loggerheads. This now seems to me to be the typical XML-DEV posturing the advance an agenda.

Does anyone have any concrete differences between such uses of XML that require such divisive terms as "doc vs data people".

________________________________

From: Martin Soukup [mailto:martin@dynamine.net]
Sent: Fri 6/6/2003 9:45 AM
To: 'Simon St.Laurent'; xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: RE: [xml-dev] YAML Ain't Markup Language

YAML does seem to very cleanly clear away the debate I see raging here
and elsewhere nearly daily between the doc vs data people. I must say I
am also concerned though. Where is the migration path for data people
making use of all the excellent tools available for XML? There is an
arduous path ahead.

Martin.