   Re: [xml-dev] XML 1.1 and Unicode normalization

Michael Kay scripsit:

> On the contrary, charmod, as I read it, expressly says that users are
> required to ensure that all strings are normalized, and expressly
> prohibits anyone from providing text processing software to help users
> perform this task.

Then you read it very perversely.

Charmod says that *creators* of text should normalize it, and that
*interpreters* of text should verify normalization, but should not
normalize.

--
John Cowan  jcowan@reutershealth.com  www.reutershealth.com  ccil.org/~cowan
Dievas dave dantis; Dievas duos duonos          --Lithuanian proverb