   Re: [xml-dev] more politics

Tim Bray scripsit:

> The many millions of web pages that aren't about anything in particular
> (they contain poems, or abstract art, or whatever).

A page containing a poem by Shakespeare is in the same position as a biography
of Shakespeare: it can be seen in an RDF context as a proxy for the poem,
or as a document that happens to contain the poem.

> The (physical)
> robots and coke-machines and so on that can be controlled via HTTP.

If GET does not work on these, then I don't care about them for this
purpose.  If it does work (let's say it returns a representation of the
coke machine's state), then is the page the coke machine, or a document
describing the state of the coke machine?  Same story with a webcam
showing the Statue of Liberty.

--
John Cowan  jcowan@reutershealth.com  http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
O beautiful for patriot's dream that sees beyond the years