   Re: [xml-dev] XML database enviroment using PostgreSQL

I agree - looking at the site, I imagine that what they are trying to
say is that "XpSQL is suitable for use in data exchanges in which the
data is contained in XML documents". They probably could elaborate on
that point by describing the advantages of storing XML documents
received from trading partners in their native XML format (the same
would apply for persisting XML documents that are sent to trading
partners, in case a resend is required).

In any event, I believe the "data-oriented" and "document-oriented" XML
divide is being blurred these days [1].

Kind Regards,
Joe Chiusano
Booz | Allen | Hamilton

[1] http://lists.xml.org/archives/xml-dev/200306/msg00847.html

Elliotte Rusty Harold wrote:

> What does, "XpSQL is suitable for use of a Data-centric XML." mean?
> To my way of thinking all XML is data-centric. An XML document
> without data isn't very interesting. :-)
> --
>
>    Elliotte Rusty Harold
>    elharo@metalab.unc.edu
>    Processing XML with Java (Addison-Wesley, 2002)
>    http://www.cafeconleche.org/books/xmljava
>    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN%3D0201771861/cafeaulaitA

begin:vcard
n:Chiusano;Joseph
tel;work:(703) 902-6923
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.bah.com
adr:;;8283 Greensboro Drive;McLean;VA;22012;
version:2.1
email;internet:chiusano_joseph@bah.com
title:Senior Consultant
fn:Joseph M. Chiusano