   Re: [xml-dev] Java SAX tools (was: Re: [xml-dev] Adding standalone="yes"

I don't know of all of them, but one I would point to is the GNU JAXP
project [1,2] and their pipeline package-- even though it appears to be
falling out of date. They have quite a few generic filters-- like WFNess
checking (e.g. if you have a non parser source), ValidationConsumer, Writer,
XHTML writer, DOM producers, etc. They also have some generic TeeConsumers
and such that allow you to fork an event stream. The package requires you to
use a couple of classes to handle the pipelining model (2 or 3?)-- so it
isn't perfectly generic.

Also, Simon releases some generic experimentations every now and then [3]

What I really want to see is a "standard" filter for XPath events on a SAX
stream.

[1] http://www.gnu.org/software/classpathx/jaxp/jaxp.html
[2]
http://www.gnu.org/software/classpathx/jaxp/apidoc/gnu/xml/pipeline/package-summary.html