   RE: [xml-dev] Are we ready for the namespace ID registry, yet? (w as: Re

> I think many agree with you, it's just that nobody's willing to sign up
> for the task of running the registry; or at least nobody that everyone
> else is willing to trust.
>
> Hey, I'll do it for $0.00000001 for each instance of a prefix used in
> the field :)  (note absence of word "unique" in prior sentence) -Tim

Considering the costs of handling namespace scoping, maybe your proposed per
instance charge (as opposed to a per registration charge) would economically
justified.  Just think of the savings in xml-dev bandwidth alone-- time much
better spent in reckless pursuit of further recommendations!