   opposite of infoset

Well, not exactly opposite, but I need a term I can contrast with
infoset, as in the following usage:

--------------------------
If we look at this example:

<book  id="rt456">My book</book>

 From the [MISSING WORD] perspective, we have a start tag for a book
element which includes some whitespace, then an id attribute with a
value of "rt456".  The start tag is followed by the text "My book",
which is then followed by the end tag for the book element.

 From the infoset perspective, we have a book element with an id
attribute whose value is "rt456", and that element's content is "My
book".

"Text" doesn't quite seem appropriate, nor does "serialization",
"markup", or "XML".

--
Simon St.Laurent
Errors, errors, all fall down!